If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, your freedom is in peril. In addition to the possibility of fines or jail time, a conviction on your record could make it more difficult to find a job or maintain your standing in the community. When your rights are on the line, you cannot afford to settle for anything less than experienced criminal law representation.
At Addabbo & Greenberg, we aggressively defend the rights of people accused of misdemeanors and felonies. Our attorneys have extensive trial experience and will provide you with the straightforward legal advice you need to make decisions about how to proceed.
If you have been arrested in Queens, New York City, Brooklyn, Nassau or Suffolk, criminal defense lawyers and former assistant district attorneys Todd D. Greenberg and Dominic Addabbo can provide you with excellent, experienced and successful criminal defense.
Experienced Queens Criminal Defense Lawyers
Attorney Todd Greenberg frequently provides high-profile criminal defense to those charged with homicide , hate and bias crimes, drugs and drug conspiracy crimes, assault, robbery and fraud. See some of Mr. Greenberg's recent verdicts.
Mr. Greenberg has also achieved expertise in handling DWI and alcohol-related crimes. The recent verdicts he has obtained for his clients speak for themselves.
Mr. Greenberg has significant experience in criminal jury trials in Queens, New York City and Long Island. He has provided criminal defense as lead attorney in hundreds of felony and misdemeanor crime trials, including more than 50 homicide-related trials in New York City and Long Island. Mr. Greenberg recently won eight straight DWI acquittals.
Mr. Greenberg's expertise as a Criminal Defense Attorney has extended to other states such as Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia and he is available for out of state cases.
How Can We Help You?
Our criminal defense lawyers handle a broad range of misdemeanor and felony cases in New York courts, including:
- Murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide — Unfortunately, homicide cases are a fact of life. Whether it is intentional murder, reckless manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter or serious assault, we will give you your best chance at acquittal. We understand the nature and the seriousness of those charges. Discovery and crime scene investigation are where we begin our defense, believing that such prompt action is essential in building a strong case for our clients. Attorney Todd Greenberg has been lead counsel in more than 50 homicide trials, experience that can hardly be matched. Our results in these serious cases speak for themselves. Read more.
NEW YORK CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY TODD GREENBERG COMMENTS ON SENTENCING OF JOSEPH BEER, WHERE JURY DEADLOCKED WITH REGARD TO ALL CHARGES INVOLVING MARIJUANA IMPAIRMENT INCLUDING MOST SERIOUS CHARGE OF AGGRAVATED VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
"THE 2009 IN VIGOROUS TRIAL DEFENSE OF A 15 YEAR OLD BOY CHARGED
WITH POTENTIAL MURDER IN NASSAU COUNTY WHICH RESULTED IN A JURY
THAT WAS "HOPELESSLY DEADLOCK" WHICH THEREAFTER RESULTED IN A FAVORABLE DISPOSITION"
- Drunk driving (DUI and DWI)
- Drug crimes and conspiracies — On both the federal and state level, attorney Todd Greenberg has been involved in narcotics defense for more than 30 years. In the defense of a defendant in a major crack conspiracy case prosecuted in Federal District Court, Southern District of New York, Federal Court Judge Peter K. Leisure called Mr. Greenberg's closing argument in USA v. Valdez, 90-cr-890-4, "... a high-caliber summation by an extremely capable lawyer." Recently, Mr. Greenberg was able to obtain a significant sentence reduction in a federal drug case using the most current legal argument regarding the sentencing disparity between a person selling crack cocaine and a person selling powder cocaine. By being up to date on events in the United States Senate regarding hearings on crime and drugs, we were able to bring the most current legal argument to the sentencing judge, which resulted in a substantially reduced jail sentence.
- Fraud, mail fraud, wire fraud, mortgage fraud and all federal crimes
- Assault and threats : domestic violence, orders of protection
— If you are charged with rape, sex with a minor, possession of child pornography, distribution of child pornography, sexual abuse, sexual assault or any other sex crime, there is no substitute for a knowledgeable and experienced criminal attorney. Our firm has handled such serious allegations for more than 50 years with successful results. Many different defenses can be used in court if you are facing these charges.
Getting the wrong legal advice at critical stages of your case can have consequences far beyond the courtroom because of all the hidden consequences of being convicted of a sex offense, including sex offender registration and long-term probation with "sex offender" conditions. Our experience, hard work and legal knowledge in this area will help you, as it has our other clients, obtain the best results in court.
Recently, attorney Todd Greenberg defended a hospital employee accused of fondling patients. All felony charges were dismissed at trial based on the issue of "consent." At a trial where our client faced a second-degree sexual abuse charge, a misdemeanor, the jury acquitted our client of improperly touching his niece. Similarly, a jury acquitted our client, a school administrator, of sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child when the credibility of the complainant was a serious issue.
- Internet crimes
- Traffic violations: suspended licenses, speeding tickets, reckless driving
- Theft, burglary and robbery: grand and petit larcenies, shoplifting
- Police and law enforcement issues: warrants, arraignments, probation and parole violations
- Juvenile offenses
- Hate crimes — In October 2000, the New York State Legislature determined that violence, intimidation and destruction of property based upon bias and prejudice have become more prevalent in New York state. In these "hate crimes," victims are intentionally selected because of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation. The New York Legislature declared that hate crimes should be prosecuted and punished with appropriate severity. At Addabbo and Greenberg, we have extensive experience defending those falsely accused of hate crimes. Attorney Todd Greenberg was a defense attorney for one of the young men charged in the infamous "Howard Beach case," obtaining an acquittal on all felony charges against his client, who allegedly participated in a hate crime. Recently, Mr. Greenberg obtained an acquittal on all criminal charges against a defendant stemming from a highly publicized hate crime involving five defendants who were charged with assaulting a person because of his ethnic background. Mr. Greenberg's client was the only defendant found not guilty of all criminal charges.
Criminal Defense Results
Here are some of the cases New York attorney Todd D. Greenberg has successfully defended:
- The successful criminal defense of a person from Queens charged in the famous Howard Beach hate crime case
- The jury acquittal of a teen charged with murder in the "Maze" trial
- The acquittal of a New York City police officer charged with vehicular manslaughter
- The acquittal on all criminal charges of a defendant in a highly publicized hate crime trial
- The criminal investigation of a popular New York City detective by the Queens district attorney, which the district attorney declined to prosecute
- The successful defense of the clerk of the scales in an alleged criminal fraud involving jockeys' weight at Aqueduct, Belmont and Saratoga racetracks. The case was prosecuted by the Attorney General's Organized Crime Bureau.
- The vigorous trial defense of a 15-year-old boy charged with intentional murder in Nassau County, which resulted in a deadlocked jury and a favorable disposition
- In the midst of a criminal trial, Judge Scarano granted Todd Greenberg's motion to dismiss a 291-count criminal indictment against his client, Mario Sclafani, the clerk of scales for the New York Racing Association. Mr. Greenberg proved to the court that the methodology used by criminal investigators was terribly flawed and inaccurate.
Don't Make a Statement to the Police — Contact a New York DUI/DWI Lawyer
If someone you know has been arrested, do not let him or her make any statements to the police. Call us immediately, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Place yourself in our competent hands. We will help you through this difficult time. Call 718-268-0400 to contact a criminal defense lawyer.