Dominic L. Addabbo Esq.
- Partner, 1983
Forest Hills, New York
Dominic L. Addabbo, known as "Buddy" to family and friends, was born in Brooklyn, New York. He attended Archbishop Molloy High School, St. John's University College of Liberal Arts, and St. John's University School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor degree in June, 1976. He was admitted to the New York State Bar in February 1977, the Florida State Bar in May, 1978, and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York in December, 1978.
He is the oldest son of the late U.S. Congressman Joseph P. Addabbo, and brother of Joseph P. Addabbo, Jr., Esq., a former NYC Council member and current N.Y.S. Senator. Dominic L. Addabbo served as Assistant District Attorney of Queens County from 1977 until 1981, achieving the position of Bureau Chief of the Criminal Court Bureau. In 1981 he was elected to the Democratic State Committee and served as president of the United Executive Regular Democratic Club until 1986. Also in 1981, he became Counsel to the Queens Borough President, a post he held until 1983, when together with General Partner Todd D. Greenberg, he established the firm known as Addabbo & Greenberg. Mr. Addabbo was appointed by the Appellate Division, Second Department to the Committee on Character and Fitness for the 2nd, 10th and 11th Judicial Districts in April, 2008, and he continues to serve the legal community in that capacity.
He has been a guest speaker at numerous conferences and seminars, and has appeared as a featured panelist on cable television for the State of New York Mortgage Agency, and as a legal commentator for WCBS News Radio. Mr. Addabbo is also the recipient of numerous award and citations of honor including the Community Service Award from the Ozone-Howard Little League, the NYC Board of Education Citation for their Speaker in the Classroom program, a Citation of Honor from the NYS Bar Association for their Mock Trial Tournament and a special Citation of Honor from the Queens Borough President. He is listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World and Who's Who in America, and Strathmore's Who's Who, demonstrating both his leadership and achievements in the legal profession.
Mr. Addabbo resides in Queens County with his wife and three children.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Family Law
- New York, 1977
- Florida, 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1978
- St. John's University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- J.D. - 1976
- St. John's University College of Liberal Arts
- B.A. - 1973
Honors and Awards
- Borough President's Citation of Honor
- NYC Board of Education
- Community Services Award Ozone Howard Little League
- Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World
- Listed in Marquis Who's Who in America
- Listed in Strathmore's Who's Who
Past Employment Positions
- Queens County District Attorneys Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1977 to 1981
- Borough USA President of Queens, Counsel, 1981 to 1983
Pro Bono Activities
- New York State Democratic State Committee, 1981 to 1986
- President, United Executive Regular Democratic Club, 1981 to 1986
- Committee on Character and Fitness, 2nd department, 2009