Todd D. Greenberg Esq.
- Partner, 1983
Todd D. Greenberg is a well known and well regarded trial lawyer, who concentrates his practice in criminal defense and personal injury law.
As a Criminal Defense Attorney, Mr. Greenberg has significant experience in Criminal Jury trials, as Lead Counsel in over hundreds of felony trials, including over 50 homicide related trials. He is frequently involved in high profile criminal cases involving homicide, hate and bias crimes as well as alcohol related charges. Mr. Greenberg has experienced success both at the pre-trial level as well as the trial level and has helped hundreds of clients during his decades of practice. Here are some examples:
- A New York City Police Officer, charged with Manslaughter for Driving Drunk while off-duty and fatally injuring a motorcyclist in Brooklyn, walked out of a Brooklyn courtroom a free man yesterday. He faced up to seven years behind bars if convicted. Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg mounted a successful three-pronged defense in obtaining the acquittal. (Staten Island Advance, April 3,2004)
In the field of Personal Injury Law, Mr. Greenberg handles wrongful death claims and represents persons injured in auto accidents, slip and falls, premises and general liability matters, as well as product liability issues and Medical Malpractice cases in New York City, Queens and Long Island. The success of the firm's personal injury lawyers is evidenced by results of personal injury victims in New York City, Queens and Long Island such as:
Mr. Greenberg is a 1977 graduate of Hofstra Law School, is a member of the Queens County Criminal Courts Bar Association, The Queens County Bar Association and The New York State Bar Association. Prior to entering private practice in 1980, Mr. Greenberg was an Assistant District Attorney in the Queens County District Attorneys Office, where he was assigned to prosecute the most serious criminal offenses. In 1983, together with Partner Dominic L. Addabbo, Mr. Greenberg established the firm of Addabbo & Greenberg, where, in addition to continuing his criminal practice, he has developed an expertise in Civil Litigation involving such matters as Personal Injury, Products Liability and General Business Litigation.
Mr. Greenberg is admitted to practice in the State of New York and United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and has been admitted PRO HAC VICE to several Federal District Courts, as well as state courts in Virginia, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury Law
- Products Liability
- General Business Litigation
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Queens County Criminal Courts Bar Association, Member
- The Queens County Bar Association, Member
- The New York State Bar Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Member
- President, Assistant District Attorney's Association of Queens County Inc.
Past Employment Positions
- Queens County District Attorneys Office, Assistant District Attorney, 1978 to 1980