Todd D. Greenberg is a well known and well regarded trial lawyer, who concentrates his practice in criminal defense
and personal injury law
As a Criminal Defense Attorney, Mr. Greenberg has significant experience in Criminal Jury trials, as Lead Counsel in over hundreds of felony trials, including over 50 homicide related trials. He is frequently involved in high profile criminal cases involving homicide, hate and bias crimes as well as alcohol related charges. Mr. Greenberg has experienced success both at the pre-trial level as well as the trial level and has helped hundreds of clients during his decades of practice. Here are some examples:
- Felony Gun Charge Dismissed: Illegal Search
- “Not Guilty” Verdict for Client Falsely Accused of Stalking
- Acquittal for Tenant in Dispute with Landlord
- Probation in NYC Golf Course Caretaker’s Death
- Queens County Gun Indictment Dismissed After Suppression of Evidence
- Federal Sentence of Time Served (16 Days) Based Upon Collateral Consequences of Conviction
- I am honored to have been selected by the Queens Daily Eagle to moderate the forum held at York College regarding New York’s recent reforms regarding Bail and Discovery in a Criminal case.
- Deferred Prosecution in Pennsylvania Felony Case Based on Mental Disease Defense
- Success in Florida Federal Court Where Client Received Probation Instead of Jail
- Substantial Recovery Against Nursing Home For Estate Of Man Bludgeoned To Death By His Roommate
- Manslaughter, Vehicular Homicide Charges Dismissed Prior To Trial
- “Not Guilty” Verdict for Felony Leaving the Scene of Accident
- Indictment Charging Assault in the First Degree Dismissed on Day of Jury Selection
- Sexual Abuse Charges Dismissed for Falsely Accused Client
- Arrested for Declaring Firearm at LaGuardia Airport – Case Dismissed
- Class “A” Felony Charges for Sale of Drugs Ends in Non-criminal Disorderly Conduct!
- Queens Jury: “Not Guilty” Verdict for Queens Contractor Charged With Felony Possession of Firearms
- Lawyer Found “Not Responsible” in Death of Mother
- All Statements Made By Mentally Ill Defendant Suppressed
- Verdict- “Not Guilty” DWI-“Not Guilty” DUI Despite Breath Test Result!
- Sentence In Fraternity Hazing Death: “Greenberg said sentencing process was extremely fair”
- Persistence And Dedication To Our Client Frees Innocent Man
- Trooper Has Client Under Arrest For “DWI” Move Car! DWI Charges Dismissed!
- Jury Acquits Our Client Of B Felony Drug Sale And B Felony Intent To Sell
- First, DWI Case Dismissed, Second, Substantial Recovery for False Arrest!
- Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg Successfully Defends 21 Year Old Involved in Armed Robbery of Caesars Atlantic City Casino
- “Date Rape” Indictment Dismissed After Production of a Roommate Who “Heard” The Entire Encounter
- Arrest Turns Into Six-Figure Settlement For Civil Rights Violation!
- Driving While Intoxicated Charge Dismissed on Motion of District Attorney After Pre-Trial Hearings!
- Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg Obtains Federal Deferred Prosecution Of Fraud Charges In SDNY
- Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg Interviewed as “Legal Expert” In Tragic Queens Murder Case
- Negligent Security At Concert Case Settled
- Nassau County Jury: “Not Guilty” DWI
- Indictment Dismissed: New York Supreme Court Judge Grants Suppression Of Evidence – Constitutional Right Of Client Upheld
- “Not Guilty” Verdict On Possession Of Gun With Intent To Use Avoiding Mandatory Minimum 3 ½ Year Sentence
- “Not Guilty” Verdict for Client Charges with Felony Possession of Fifty Pounds of Marijuana
- “Not Guilty” Verdict for Our Client Charged With Assault by Auto
- Flavor Flav Avoids Jail Time, Pleads Guilty to Speeding to Mother’s Funeral. After his sentencing, Drayton thanked his attorney, Todd Greenberg of Queens, who he called “The Man”
- New York Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg comments on sentencing of Joseph Beer, where Jury Deadlocked with regard to all charges involving marijuana impairment including most serious charge of Aggravated Vehicular Homicide
- Suppression of Statement Granted in DWI Case Without Attorney Saying One Word
- “Bombshell Pot Defense” results in Deadlocked Jury with regard to Aggravated Vehicular Homicide charge and all related charges in Southern State crash that resulted in four deaths
- Attorney Todd Greenberg Quoted as Expert in Vehicular Crimes by New York Post
- Queens Attorney Todd Greenberg Interviewed on Fox 5 Inside Edition as Expert in DWI Law
- New York Attorney Todd Greenberg quoted as Legal expert in vehicular crimes by New York Daily News in tragic accident case
- Queens Jury Returns “Not Guilty” Verdict In Assault First Degree Case
- Breath Test Result of .19% Supressed in DWI Case on Ground That Defendant’s Right to Counsel Was Violated
- Driver Found “Not Guilty” Of Aggravated Vehicular Homicide and All Related Intoxication Charges
- “Not Guilty” Verdict on Assault Charges Against Queens Builder
- 5/18/2012 “Counterfeit Goods” Indictment Dismissed In Miami Federal Court
- September 18, 2007 the New York Post reported that all charges against two former New York Racing Association officials indicted in the so-called “fat jockeys” scandal were dismissed by Saratoga County Judge Jerry Scarano in the middle of the trial.
- The New York Times, Sunday, January 30, 1994, attributed the acquittal of the Defendant in the Maze Murder Case to “… adroit moves by the Defense Lawyer, Todd D. Greenberg.”
- Federal Court Judge Peter K. Leisure, Southern District of New York, called Mr. Greenberg’s closing argument in USA v. Valdez-90-CR-890-4, “…a high caliber summation by an extremely capable lawyer”.
- In a highly publicized murder trial, The Daily News reported that “…in a nonjury trial, attorney Todd Greenberg persuaded [the judge] that [the Defendant’s] actions fit the legal definition of extreme emotional disturbance” (Newsday, Sept 9,2003).
- A New York City Police Officer, charged with Manslaughter for Driving Drunk while off-duty and fatally injuring a motorcyclist in Brooklyn, walked out of a Brooklyn courtroom a free man yesterday. He faced up to seven years behind bars if convicted. Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg mounted a successful three-pronged defense in obtaining the acquittal. (Staten Island Advance, April 3,2004)
- A Defendant accused in the highly publicized Hate Crime in Queens was acquitted of all criminal charges regarding the alleged attack. (Newsday, December 6,2005).
In the field of Personal Injury Law, Mr. Greenberg handles wrongful death claims and represents persons injured in auto accidents, slip and falls, premises and general liability matters, as well as product liability issues and Medical Malpractice cases in New York City, Queens and Long Island. The success of the firm’s personal injury lawyers is evidenced by results of personal injury victims in New York City, Queens and Long Island such as:
Mr. Greenberg is a 1977 graduate of Hofstra Law School, is a member of the Queens County Criminal Courts Bar Association, The Queens County Bar Association and The New York State Bar Association. Prior to entering private practice in 1980, Mr. Greenberg was an Assistant District Attorney in the Queens County District Attorneys Office, where he was assigned to prosecute the most serious criminal offenses. In 1983, together with Partner Dominic L. Addabbo, Mr. Greenberg established the firm of Addabbo & Greenberg, where, in addition to continuing his criminal practice, he has developed an expertise in Civil Litigation involving such matters as Personal Injury, Products Liability and General Business Litigation.
Mr. Greenberg is admitted to practice in the State of New York and United States District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York and has been admitted PRO HAC VICE to several Federal District Courts, as well as state courts in Virginia, Florida, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions