Queens Federal Criminal Defense Attorneys
If you have been charged with a federal crime, it is important to understand exactly what consequences you may be facing. Federal charges are often more serious than state charges, and federal sentencing guidelines apply when an individual is convicted.
The most important decision you may face if you have been charged with a federal crime is choosing an attorney. Not all criminal defense attorneys have experience handling cases in federal court. When your rights and freedom are on the line, you should seek representation from a lawyer who understands exactly the situation you are in.
Federal charges may be filed when an individual has violated a federal law contained in the U.S. Criminal Code. Queens federal criminal defense lawyers Todd D. Greenberg and Dominic L. Addabbo have decades of collective experience handling complex criminal defense cases including:
- Federal drug crimes
- Federal white collar crimes
- Mail fraud
- Wire fraud
- Tax crimes
- Internet crimes
- Child pornography
- Gun law violations
On both the federal and state level, attorney Todd Greenberg has been involved in narcotics defense for more than 30 years. In the defense of a defendant in a major crack conspiracy case prosecuted in Federal District Court, Southern District of New York, Federal Court Judge Peter K. Leisure called Mr. Greenberg’s closing argument in USA v. Valdez, 90-cr-890-4, “… a high-caliber summation by an extremely capable lawyer.” Recently, Mr. Greenberg was able to obtain a significant sentence reduction in a federal drug case using the most current legal argument regarding the sentencing disparity between a person selling crack cocaine and a person selling powder cocaine. By being up to date on events in the United States Senate regarding hearings on crime and drugs, we were able to bring the most current legal argument to the sentencing judge, which resulted in a substantially reduced jail sentence.
Representation During Investigation
Our firm also represents individuals who believe they may be a target of a federal investigation. Indeed, the best time to start defending against federal charges is before charges have actually been filed — while the case is being investigated. There are steps we can take at this critical time to protect your rights and start building a defense if you end up being charged with a federal crime.
Contact a New York Drug Trafficking Lawyer
Please read the following examples of Mr. Greenberg’s success in Federal Court:
- 04/03/2017 Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg Obtains Federal Deferred Prosecution Of Fraud Charges In SDNY
- 10/1/2015 Federal Judge Grants Substantial “Variance” in Sentencing for Possession of Child Pornography via the Internet
- 05/18/2015 Federal Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg Obtains One Year Sentence For Client In Drug Conspiracy
- Federal Criminal Defense Attorney Todd Greenberg Obtains Lenient 30 Day Sentence For Client
- Sib Sob Story Stirs Judge
- Evidence suppressed based on illegal search in Counterfeit Sneaker Case in Buffalo Federal Court
- Murder, Fraud Case takes unusual Turn
- Federal Mortgage Fraud Defendant Gets Five Months Incarceration
- 5/18/2012 “Counterfeit Goods” Indictment Dismissed in Miami Federal Court
Criminal Defense Case Results
Addabbo & Greenberg Criminal Verdicts
Sentence In Fraternity Hazing Death: "Greenberg said sentencing process was extremely fair"."The judge took into consideration all of the mitigating factors in this case,” he said. “There’s no question that this is a tragic incident with regard to Michael Deng and tragic to Mr. Lam and his co-defendants in the sense that they were young men on the right track and nobody intended this to happen."