Personal Injury Results
OUR NO RECOVERY NO FEE PROMISE – Click here.
Personal Injury, Slip and Fall, Construction Accidents, Auto Accidents, Wrongful Death
If you have been personally injured in a slip and fall, construction accident or other accident Personal Injury Lawyers in Queens – Addabbo & Greenberg – can help.
In New York City, Queens and Long Island, Addabbo & Greenberg help persons injured in auto accidents, slip and falls, premises and general liability matters, as well as product liability issues and Medical Malpractice Cases. The success of the firm’s personal injury lawyers is evidenced by results such as these of personal injury victims in New York City, Queens and Long Island.
Sample Personal Injury Results:
- Defective Sidewalk Trip and Fall Settles; $250,000.00 Recovery:
Our client, a 62-year-old woman, was injured on November 30th, 2017 in Queens County, when she tripped and fell on a defective sidewalk. The home abutting the sidewalk was owned by an LLC, thereby immediately triggering New York City Administrative Code §7-210, which shifted liability for a defective sidewalk from the City of New York to the adjacent property owner unless the property was a one, two, or three family home that was occupied by the owners. Since this property was not owner occupied, a direct action was taken against the property owner. The defense Attorney claimed that the sidewalk defect, a mis-leveling of sidewalk slabs which caused our client to trip and fall, was open and obvious and should have been avoided by our client who walked on that part of the sidewalk routinely. On January 15th, 2021, after extensive negotiations, the case settled for $250,000.00 for the pain and suffering of our client who suffered a fractured wrist. Our team has extensive experience representing victims of sidewalk slip and fall accidents, including a recent verdict of $1.5 million dollars and a recent settlement of $3 million, all within the last year! Let our Attorneys help you recover compensation for your pain and suffering, your lost wages and medical expenses, as well as emotional injuries caused by the negligence of others. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident on a sidewalk, get immediate medical care and then contact Addabbo & Greenberg at 718-268-0400 or visit us at www.Queenslaw.com.
- $1.5 Million Verdict For Client Caught In LIRR DOOR:
On March 3rd, 2020, a New York Supreme Court Jury rendered a verdict in favor of our client who was injured and struck her head when caused to fall by Long Island Railroad door that closed on her. New York attorney Todd Greenberg clearly established through extensive cross-examination of the conductor and the ticket collector that the conductor was actually turned the other way when she should have been watching the door that the Plaintiff exited from. Our client, 71 years old at the time of the accident, was violently pitched to the ground, struck her head and suffered a concussion and subdural hematoma. Luckily, no operation was required, but Plaintiff did suffer cognitive defects for two years after the accident. Prior to trial the offer was $250,000.00 which was rejected. The Long Island Railroad offered $675,000.00 after summations which, upon advice of Mr. Greenberg, Plaintiff rejected. After deliberation for approximately five (5) hours, the Jury returned a $1.5 million verdict on behalf of our client. Mr. Greenberg obtained a verdict for 5 times the amount offered! Please call Addabbo & Greenberg 718-268-0400 or visit our website www.addabboandgreenberg.com if you need representation in an accident case.
- $3 Million Settlement for Our Client in Trip and Fall Case: Our client had just left a matinée show on Broadway when, while walking towards the train, tripped on a grating owned and maintained by the New York City Transit Authority. Within two (2) days after the accident, Personal Injury Attorney Todd Greenberg, along with an expert engineer, examined the grating, took detailed pictures and concluded that the grading was an inch and a half above the sidewalk. Citing New York City Laws and Statutes, Plaintiff was granted Summary Judgment against the New York City Transit Authority and the case proceeded to damages. Our client suffered an acute fracture through the three columns of her spine at L3-4 and had to undergo a 13hr. three-part operation. After extensive negotiations with the Transit Authority, Mr. Greenberg was able to negotiate a settlement that ensures that our client will be compensated for her injures and future pain and suffering. Here is what our client said:
Mr. Greenberg took my personal injury case in April 2015. It was a difficult time for me and my husband as well as a difficult physical recovery. Mr. Greenberg, Mr. Rothbard and the wonderful staff of the law office could not have been more supportive. They kept us informed throughout the process; Mr. Greenberg was diligent in working to obtain the best possible outcome for us and through it all so very supportive.
Our case was settled with a very positive outcome. My husband and I cannot begin to express our gratitude to Mr. Greenberg and all of the staff who were so kind to us.
We would highly recommend Mr. Greenberg and his law office to anyone needing assistance with a personal injury case.
With much gratitude, Maureen and Jim
- $11,000,000.00 (Eleven Million) Settlement for Addabbo & Greenberg client: Queens attorney Todd Greenberg heads legal team which litigated case for nine years in Montreal, Canada. This is a tragic case: In 2005, a thirteen year-old resident of Queens suffered severe and permanent brain damage in a near drowning accident in a City of Montreal owned swimming pool. He suffered an anoxic encephalopathy (lack of oxygen) causing severe spastic quadriparesis and cognitive impairment. The Infant Plaintiff was visiting his Aunt and Uncle in Montreal when the Infant Plaintiff and his two young cousins went to the City of Montreal Pool and participated in “Excitement Day”, where a very large float was placed in the pool. Immediately upon being retained soon after the accident, attorney Todd D. Greenberg flew to Montreal, investigated the case, took pictures of the float, and put together a legal team of attorneys in Montreal and New York. Experts were hired and it was argued that the City of Montreal and the Pool Management Company did not have enough lifeguards on duty at the time the Infant Plaintiff was found under the water and that the sight of the lifeguards that were there was blinded by the large float. Since the case occurred in Montreal, the Civil Code applied, which severe limits a Plaintiff’s recovery for pain and suffering. Further, the City of Montreal and the Pool Management Company insisted, after a series of medical examinations of the Infant Plaintiff, that his life span was no more than five (5) to ten (10) years. After an offer of settlement of $3,000,000.00 was rejected, a Hearing on the projected life span of the Infant Plaintiff was held and several experts from New York were called on Plaintiff’s behalf to testify. The Montreal Judge ruled in favor of our client and found his life span to be, despite his severe injuries, thirty (30) years. After litigating the case for nine (9) years, a settlement was reached immediately prior to trial in the amount of $11,000,000.00 (CAD) which will insure that the Infant Plaintiff is properly cared for throughout his life. Once again, persistence on behalf of our client resulted in the best possible outcome. No matter where an unfortunate accident strikes, whether in Queens, New York City, New York State, any State in the United States or even outside the United States, contact Attorney Todd D. Greenberg of Addabbo & Greenberg to insure the best possible outcome. Call us at 718-268-0400 or visit us at www.addabboandgreenberg.com.
- $3.25 million award to a repairman who received serious burn injuries after a fuel tank exploded due to an unsafe work environment. On January 16, 2014, Addabbo & Greenberg, along with a New York City law firm, prevailed in a mediation in a labor law case which settled for $3.25 million dollars. The Plaintiff worked for a boiler repair firm that was contracted to do excavation work at a major automobile dealership in Manhattan. While the Plaintiff was using a blow-torch near an abandoned underground fuel tank, the tank exploded causing serious burns to the Plaintiff. Attorney Dominic L. Addabbo interviewed our client at the hospital shortly after the incident and we immediately began our investigation by obtaining statements from witnesses which were instrumental in negotiating the final settlement. The New York personal injury attorneys at Addabbo & Greenberg argued that the owner of the building and the general contractor failed to provide a safe work environment. Once again, knowledge of the law and persistence in court has resulted in a most favorable settlement for our client.
- $3 million award to the family of a construction worker killed in New York by a defective scaffold. The victim was an undocumented alien. A $3 million settlement was reached prior to trial in February 2007 for a person killed in a construction accident. The worker was the victim of a fatal construction accident. He was an undocumented alien working in the country for two months prior to his construction accident death caused by a defective scaffold. His family received the $3 million settlement. The family of the construction worker from New York was awarded $3 million as a result of the case presented by New York Personal Injury lawyer Todd D. Greenberg. Mr. Greenberg’s client was killed while working on the construction of a Gramercy Park building. Bricks from the building landed on the defective scaffold that collapsed. Discovery revealed that the scaffold was erected without a permit and was never inspected by the City of New York or had an engineer’s approval. The subcontractor who erected the scaffolding, the principal of Tri State Scaffold and Equipment Supplies, Inc., pled guilty to manslaughter charges and was subsequently sentenced in Supreme Court, New York County for a minimum of 3 ½ to a maximum of 10 years. The principal admitted he erected a scaffold that could not support the weight put on it and conceded he did not have a licensed engineer inspect the scaffold as law requires. The deceased, Manuel Atanacio Balarezo Sumba, arrived in the US three months prior to his death as an undocumented alien from Ecuador. His wife and three children remained in Ecuador. The deceased was sent to the job site by an agency and worked as a laborer on the defective scaffold. In preparation for the damage aspect of the case, the autopsy report and all copies of photographs taken at the New York City morgue were obtained. Expert services of a pathologist, a forensic psychiatrist and an economist were obtained. The damage aspect of the case concentrated on the seconds it took for the deceased to fall from the 11th floor of the defective scaffolding to the ground and the pre-impact terror the construction accident victim suffered. The forensic psychiatrist said that in the seconds it took for the deceased to fall, he experienced conscious terror and suffering, that he knew he was falling to his death and tried to save himself. Autopsy photos showed scrapes to the decedent’s fingers as he tried to grasp the defective scaffold and save himself from wrongful death. The expert economist said the economic loss to the construction accident victim’s family was $894,189. Plaintiff’s settlement was helped by the Court of Appeals Decision in BalBuena v. Ideal Realty LLC., 6 NY 3rd 338(2006) which held that unauthorized aliens who do not present false work papers may recover lost earnings. Plaintiff’s attorney Personal Injury lawyer Todd D. Greenberg was successful in getting the family of the construction accident victim a $3 million settlement for the victim’s pain and suffering
- Arrest Turns Into Six-Figure Settlement For Civil Rights Violation! Queens Lawyer Todd Greenberg settled a Federal Civil Rights False Arrest case for our client who was arrested and won her case in the Criminal Court. Our client, a businesswoman from Flushing, was proceeding down Main Street with a green light in her favor when a police car ran the red-light and smashed into her vehicle. She was arrested and charged with Reckless Endangerment, Criminal Mischief, Reckless Driving and Leaving the Scene of an Accident. The police claimed that they were responding to an emergency. At the trial in the Criminal case, Criminal Defense Lawyer Todd Greenberg, Esq. argued that the arrest was a cover-up for the improper operation of the police motor vehicle. In the middle of the criminal trial, Mr. Greenberg discovered a document that was never turned over to the defense wherein the police department found fault with the operation of the police vehicle by the police officer. Case dismissed in the middle of Trial! At the time of the arrest, our client was placed on the ground by her vehicle, handcuffed behind her back and a picture to of her was taken and published in various Chinese language newspapers, causing serious damage to our client’s reputation. A Federal Civil Rights Action for False Arrest was commenced against the police officers and the City of New York and, thereafter, settled for a six-figure amount. Instead of having a criminal record, our client had the criminal case dismissed and was paid a substantial sum of money for a violation of her civil rights. If you need help in a criminal matter, please call Criminal Defense Lawyer Todd Greenberg at 718-268-0400 or you can reach our firm, Addabbo and Greenberg, at www.addabboandgreenberg.com.
- Negligent Security At Concert Case Settled. Our client was at a concert in New York City when shots were fired and she received a wound to her arm with scarring. Due to a confidentiality agreement regarding the settlement, the details of the case and the amount of settlement cannot be disclosed. The only fact that can be disclosed is this: Our client was fully compensated for her injury and is extremely happy with the result! If you are injured by others and want the best results, call Queens Accident attorneys Todd Greenberg and Dominic Addabbo at 718-268-0400 or visit us at QueensLaw.com.
- Trip and Fall Case Settled for Eighty Year Old Woman Against Bank which Foreclosed on Property On July 1, 2016, this accident took place on a sidewalk/driveway in front of a home in Queens County that had an elevated sidewalk slab. The eighty-year-old Plaintiff was walking with a friend when she tripped and fell and fractured her shoulder. No operation was necessary. The owner of the home had lost title to the house through a foreclosure and Personal Injury attorney Dominic Addabbo sued Wells Fargo Bank, the then title owner of the property. Although the Bank attempted to have the case dismissed based on the fact that they were not in possession, after thorough research, the Supreme Court, Queens County, denied the motion. Further, Personal Injury attorney Dominic Addabbo was able to establish that the defect was not “minimal” and was actionable. Result: $175,000.00 recovered for our client! If you were injured by a uneven side walk or any other defect, call the personal injury Attorneys’ at Addabbo and Greenberg at 718-268-0400 or visit us at www.addabboandgreenberg.com/.
- Case Settled On eve of Trial Against a NASSAU County Hospital for Negligent Handling Of Corpse. On May 7th, 2015, a six figure settlement was reached against a Nassau County Hospital for the negligent handling of a corpse. On April 29th, 2011, the deceased was rushed to a Nassau County Hospital after being discovered nonresponsive in her bed. Two weeks prior thereto, the deceased had an operation on her Achilles tendon which led to infection and death. The family was allowed to view the body at the Nassau Hospital and on April 30th, 2011 the body was received by the medical examiner. When the body arrived at the funeral parlor, the deceased’s mother and father came to the funeral parlor and observed a badly decomposed body. The family was deprived of a viewing and a proper burial of their child. Once retained, personal injury attorneys Addabbo and Greenberg retained experts, including a Pathologist, who concluded that the body was not properly refrigerated pending release to the funeral home. After research of the issue for their extreme emotional distress, a lawsuit was filed and the case was litigated until, on the eve of trial, the case was settled. Once again, our clients has been properly compensated through the work of the Queens Accident Attorneys at Addabbo and Greenberg who had the resources to hire the proper experts and knowledge of the Law. If you or a loved one has suffered any injury call Todd Greenberg, Queens Personal Injury Attorney, at 718-268-0400 or visit us at QueensLaw.com.
- Substantial monetary recovery for our client who was at fault for accident. Even though our client was substantially responsible and at fault for his own injuries, personal injury attorney Todd Greenberg was able to secure a substantial settlement in the amount of $275,000.00! Our client, a seventy four year old man, was getting off a bus in Nassau County going to work. Instead of using the crosswalk, the client crossed Old Country Road and was struck by a vehicle making a left turn. If our client used the crosswalk, he would have been on the passenger side of the vehicle and not in the path of the car when it was making a left turn. However, after extensive investigation and research, it was discovered that the driver of the vehicle did not see our client due to “sun glare”. The Defendant argued that there was no liability because our client was not in the crosswalk. Under New York’s Comparative Negligence Doctrine, Mr. Greenberg argued that the Defendant’s vehicle proceeded even though there was “sun glare” and there should be liability. Mr. Greenberg discovered a case, exactly on point, that said since the driver was familiar with the area (which this driver was) he should also be familiar with the patterns of the sun and, therefore, was negligent by driving when vision was impaired. Instead of receiving no compensation for his injuries, based on a comparative negligence situation, our client was still able to recover $275,000.00 for a fractured leg! If you were seriously injured in an accident call attorney Todd Greenberg for the best results 718-268-0400, QueensLaw.com.
P.S.: Here is what our client wrote in a card: “Todd, Thank you for all of your help and hard work that you have done for us. We cannot Thank you enough for the dedication you put forth [signed]”.
- Queens Injury Attorney Todd Greenberg Settles Lawsuit Against City Of New York For Teacher’s Action In Encouraging “Fight Club” At Elementary School. On October 27th, 2014, a Queens County Supreme Court Justice approved a six figure settlement for a client of Addabbo and Greenberg who was in elementary school in Queens County when his teacher organized a fist fight between the eleven year old Plaintiff and another student while telling other students to close the classroom door and to enter into a circle around the combatants. Although the child suffered minor physical injury, the Infant Plaintiff suffered severe psychological injuries. After arguing in court that the teacher was negligent in his supervision and care of the infant plaintiff, a settlement was reached immediately prior to trial and subsequently approved by the Court. Knowledge of the law and persistence on behalf of our client allowed the Infant Plaintiff to obtain the best possible outcome in his case. If you are injured in any type of accident, call Addabbo and Greenberg at 718-268-0400, or visit us at www.addabboandgreenberg.com, to protect your rights.
- Pedestrian Knock Down Case Settled for $825,000.00: Fractured Shoulder. On September 02, 2014, Our client, a 69 year. old Home Health Aide, was injured in January 2012 while on her way to work. She was crossing Atlantic Avenue and 130 th Street in Queens County when she was struck by a school bus. Our client suffered a comminuted proximal humeral fracture which required surgical hardware. She had to have a second operation regarding the protruding of the screws of the hardware. At a private mediation, the Defendant offered $400,000.00 in full and final settlement. Although the client was anxious to settle the case for such a large amount of damages, the accident and personal injury attorneys of Addabbo and Greenberg advised her that the settlement was not enough and that a Jury would probably assess the damages higher. Six month later, in the middle of Jury selection, Defendant offered $825,000.00 as damages which was accepted by the Plaintiff. Once again, the hard work and diligence in protecting our client’s rights resulted in a settlement that made our client whole and able to enjoy her future. If you were in a serious accident, call Addabbo and Greenberg New York injury and accident attorneys at 718-268-0400.
- Slip And Fall Case Settled For $500,000 Immediately Prior To Trial. On June 27th, 2013, Personal Injury Attorney Dominic Addabbo settled a slip and fall case for our client, a 60 year old woman, against a contractor who was doing work for the City of New York. The Plaintiff drove to work and parked in an area which was recently excavated and then temporarily repaved. However, the new pavement was approximately one inch lower causing Plaintiff to lose her step and fall fracturing her leg in two places. While in the hospital, Plaintiff developed a MRSA Infection which cause additional hospitalization and necessitated surgery which left a serious scar on her stomach. Although the Defendant argued that the misleveling was minimal and not actionable, the personal injury and accident attorneys at Addabbo and Greenberg argued that the totality of the circumstances constituted a trap which caused the Plaintiff to fall. Dominic Addabbo was prepared to go to Trial in this matter when, immediately prior to Jury selection, the case settled for $500,000.00. Once again, preparation, knowledge of the law, along with dedication to our clients, resulted in an extremely favorable recovery.
- Attorney Todd Greenberg Settles Case Against Nassau County Hospital For Mis-Labeling Of Biopsy Specimens. On October 9, 2012, immediately prior to Jury Selection, a Nassau County Hospital settled with a woman who was misdiagnosed with Breast Cancer after her biopsy results were mixed up with another woman. In a confidential settlement, the Hospital acknowledged that Addabbo and Greenberg’s client’s name had been put on the tissue sample of a different patient. Our client had to undergo an unnecessary lumpectomy and then discovered she was cancer free. The settlement reflects the extreme emotional stress of a cancer diagnosis, as well as the psychological trauma she suffered after learning about the mislabeling, as well as scarring of the Breast. Personal Injury Attorney Todd Greenberg states that his client appreciates the Hospital acknowledging it’s error and that the Hospital has corrected it’s procedures so that a mishap of this nature will not occur again. Personal Injury Attorney Todd Greenberg has secured a favorable settlement for his injured client based on hard work, persistence and knowledge of the law. For the best results in a Personal Injury case, call Addabbo and Greenberg.
- $875,000 Wrongful Death Award for Incarcerated Suicide Victim. The family of an incarcerated Police Officer was awarded $875,000 for wrongful death. Todd Greenberg represented the family accusing the Nassau County Correctional Facility for the wrongful death.
- $615,000 Awarded to Person Suffering Injury in Home Depot Parking Lot. This action was commenced after Plaintiff was personally injured during an assault in the parking lot of the Home Depot in Elmont, Nassau County, by another customer. The attorneys for Home Depot, Inc. wrote to Addabbo & Greenberg as follows: Please note that we regard the inclusion of The Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., as a party defendant in this action to be frivolous. Accordingly, please be advised that sanctions will be sought against your clients and your firm for the institution of the action as against The Home Depot U.S.A., Inc. and needless to say, any further steps by your office to pursue this frivolous claim as against the Home Depot U.S.A., Inc., will result in further evidence of your bad faith in pursuing the claim. The person injured in this case was awarded $615,000 in a settlement for personal injuries prior to trial. After thorough research of the issues by New York City and Queens Personal Injury lawyer Todd D. Greenberg, and after years of litigation, Home Depot, Inc. settled during jury selection for $615,000.00. (NEW YORK JURY VERDICT REPORTER). Instead of sanctions being paid by Addabbo & Greenberg for bringing a frivolous lawsuit on behalf of a person injured, Home Depot, Inc. paid Plaintiff a substantial sum of money for his personal injuries, based on the theories of negligence Mr. Greenberg developed. Similar results are reported on our Reported Cases.
- $500,000 Settlement for a Construction Worker Injured at JFK Airport. A construction worker injured in an accident at JRK Airport. In the construction accident, the Plaintiff fell approximately 6 feet, striking his head and injuring his shoulder. He suffered a scar on the forehead of approximately 4 inches and had to undergo arthroscopic surgery for a left shoulder impingement and partial Rotator Cuff tear. It should be noted that Plaintiff suffered an injury to that shoulder approximately 4 months before and this was a re-injury to that same shoulder. Prior to Jury selection, American Airlines and Schindler Elevator settled for $500,000.00.
- $450,000 Settlement was reach for an Auto Accident Injury During Jury Selection Despite Adverse Statements By Plaintiff/Pedestrian. This auto accident injury occurred when the Plaintiff was struck by the Defendant’s commercial vehicle. Plaintiff was injured on his left side causing severe ankle fracture.
This area of practice is managed by Founding Partner and experienced trial lawyer Todd D. Greenberg. For years, Mr. Greenberg has applied his acquired expertise in trial practice to personal injury litigation. Whether the case goes to trial or is settled out of court, it is the belief at Addabbo & Greenberg that meticulous preparation and thorough research into issues surrounding personal injury cases is the best way to ensure and protect our client’s rights.
Addabbo & Greenberg Personal Injury Lawyers in New York, Queens and Long Island Handle:
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- DUI/DWI Crashes
- Pedestrian Accidents